Is there anything more comforting than a cup of hot chocolate?
Delicious and Christmassy snowman hot chocolate!
- 250mls whole milk
- 25g dark chocolate 70%
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 large marshmallows
- 1 extra large milk chocolate button
- 1 rolo or any other similar tasty choc bites
- 2 thin chocolate sticks
- 15g dark chocolate
- orange icing - optional
To make the snowman marshmallow:
- In a small plastic bowl melt 15g of dark chocolate for 30 seconds on a low heat in the microwave. Stir and repeat until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Fill a small disposable piping bag with the melted chocolate. First, make the snowman’s hat. Pipe a small amount of the melted chocolate onto the rolos and then stick it onto the large chocolate button. Put into the fridge on a plate to harden for a few minutes.
- Pipe a tiny bit of melted chocolate onto the bottom of two marshmallows and the stick the 3 marshmallows together. Place them on to a plate. Then pipe the snowman’s eyes, nose, mouth and buttons with the chocolate. Place another tiny bit of chocolate on the snowman head and stick his hat to it. Roll a small piece of orange icing into a carrot shape to make his nose and place it on top of the chocolate. Then put into the fridge for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Cut the chocolate sticks in half and stick into the middle marshmallow and the bottom for the arms and legs.
To make the hot chocolate:
- Chop up the chocolate into small pieces.
- Pour the milk and honey into a small saucepan. Add in the chocolate and cook over a medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted. Then whisk until the mixture is warm and smooth.
- Pour into a mug and decorate with a snowman marshmallow.
Recipe courtesy of FoodOppi - Louise Lennox & Aisling Larkin.