Curried Chicken, leek and butter-bean stew from Paul Flynn on Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- 2 Chicken fillets, skinned,and cut into chunks (500g).
- 1 pkt of leeks,(500g) cut lengthways and washed.
- 1 tin of butterbeans, washed and drained (400g).
- A generous tbsp of butter(80g).200mls of water.
- 1 tsp curry powder (optional).
- Salt and pepper.
Curried Chicken, leek and butterbean stew from Paul Flynn on Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- Cut your washed leeks into large chunks and put them into a wok, but if you don't have one use a large frying pan or pot.
- Add the butter and water to the leeks and cook for 5 minutes on a high heat with a lid tightly placed on the wok (the lid is important).
- Then add the cod, butterbeans ,salt and pepper.
- Pop the lid on for another 5 minutes and return to the heat.
- Season while turning everything together gently then serve with your mash, but rice, pasta or new potatoes would be lovely too.
You can make this stew from start to finish in 20mins, including all the preparation, now that's impressive.It's a delicious one pot wonder that's also really good for you, I've added butter for a little bit of luxury, and some curry spices just to perk things up... Please feel free to omit the spices if you wish but allow yourself the butter.. You're worth it.
Have it with a little bit of mash and you'll have all the makings of a lovely deconstructed chicken pie.