Need a quick and easy recipe that can simply be popped in the microwave? We've got you covered!
- 400ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 level tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Lemon, zest
- 1 small banana, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Handfull of fresh blueberries
- In a microwave safe jug, heat the milk for 2 minutes on high (800w). Microwave ovens differ, so you might need to adjust your times slightly.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk in the hot milk, add the lemon zest and sliced banana and then pour into 4 cups or ramekins.
- Cook on ½ power for 2 minutes, stir then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and blueberries.
- Allow to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Before pouring into the cup some chopped stem ginger to the custard.
Recipe courtesy of Golden Irish Eggs