Wake up to these creamy, dreamy, egg clouds.
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 4 pieces of cooked streaky bacon
- 30-40g Parmesan cheese, finely grated, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c/gas mark and line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Chop the bacon into very small pieces.
- Separate the eggs putting the whites into a clean, dry bowl and keeping the yolks in individual cups.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks (approx 3 minutes) and then fold in the cooked bacon, cheese, chives, chili and herbs very gently.
- Make 4 mounds of the egg on the baking sheet and create a dip in the centre with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 3 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Drop the egg yolks into each cloud and bake for another 3 minutes until just set.
Recipe courtesy of Golden Irish Eggs