Oh my, we are drooling over these sweet potato baked eggs with chilli and spring onion. Brunch sorted!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (approx. 450g - 500g each)
- 4 eggs
- 2 red chillies
- 4 spring onions
- 200ml Greek yoghurt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6.
- Trim the pointy ends off the sweet potatoes and place on a baking tray. Rub with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and bake for 50-60 minutes, carefully turning half way through.
- Finely chop the red chilli and scallions and set aside.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using tongs to protect your hands, halve the potato and scoop out enough of the centre to fit an egg.
- Place back on the baking tray, using scrunched foil under them to help them sit level if needed.
- Crack an egg into the hollow, season with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes or until the egg is set to your liking.
- Serve sprinkled with the scallion, red chilli and a dollop of cold yoghurt (optional) for a mixture of hot and cold, sweet and spicy.
Chopped coriander and hot Sriracha sauce will also complement the egg and sweet potato.
*Recipe courtesy of Golden Irish Eggs