Here's an EGGcelent brunch idea: Courgette, feta and sweetcorn fritters. Perfect for the weekend.
- 2 firm courgettes
- 1 x 340g can of sweet corn, drained
- 100g self raising flour
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 level tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 50ml milk
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Blend half the drained sweetcorn kernels (170g - half of the tin) and put into a bowl along with the remaining unblended sweetcorn kernels (170g - the other half of the tin).
- Coarsely grate the courgettes and put into kitchen paper. Gather up the edges of the kitchen paper and wring to get rid of excess moisture.
- Tumble the courgette into the bowl and add spring onions and mint and sweetcorn.
- Sprinkle over the flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the yolks with the milk, add to the bowl and mix well.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to firm peak.
- Gently fold into the batter followed by the crumbled feta.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and drop 2 tablespoons of the batter and fry for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.
Delicious served with tzadziki. Peel, deseed and finely chop ½ a cucumber.
Mix with 100ml Greek yoghurt, chopped fresh mint, ½ garlic clove, and season with salt and pepper.
Eggstra tip: Freeze the cooked fritters for again or else refridgerate the batter for use the next day. Alternatively, half all the quanities for a smaller batch of 6-8 fritters.
*Recipe courtesy of Golden Irish Eggs