This creamy, healthy and tasty dish is perfect for a lazy Sunday brunch. Packed with protein and vitamins, this stuffed rolled omelette is ideal for the whole family!
- 200 ml milk
- 90g plain flour
- 8 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 200g bag of fresh, prewashed baby spinach (or 250g frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry)
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 100g grated mature cheddar
- 75g Crème fraîche
- 100g Smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4 and line a 26cm x 38cm/10”x 15 baking tin with non-stick baking parchment allowing a little extra around the edges to help when rolling up.
- In a bowl or large jug, whisk together the milk and flour.
- Add the eggs, mustard and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pierce the bag of spinach and microwave for 60 seconds on high. When cool, squeeze out as much moisture as possible and chop roughly.
- Add the spinach to the large bowl/jug and pour into the tin (Do this beside the oven to avoid spillages!).
- Scatter over the cheese and bake for 15-20mminutes until the omelette is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Spread the crème fraîche over the omlette and top with smoked salmon.
- Beginning at the wider end and lifting the edge of the parchment, roll up the omelette. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
This dish can be made ahead and makes a great brunch dish. Any leftovers can be put in a crusty roll with some salad for lunch.
Eggstra tip: If you like an eggstra cheesy flavour replace the 100g mature cheddar with 50g grated mature cheddar and 50g grated parmesan.
*Recipe courtesy of Golden Irish Eggs