Alix Gardner's Cookery School shares their recipe for gluten-free hazelnut and ricotta cake. Yum!
- 150 g butter
- 210 g caster sugar
- 6 eggs separated
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- pinch xanthan gum
- 210 g ricotta
- 210 g hazelnuts ground
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 dst. castor sugar
- Dried edible flowers i.e. Roses, Cornflowers
- Fresh edible flowers ie. Borage, Nasturtiums, Roses
- Heat the oven to 180º c.
- Grease a 23 cm cake tin.
- Cream together the butter and half the sugar.
- Add in the egg yolks, hazelnuts, ricotta cheese and lemon zest, stir well. Fold in the flour.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, beat in the remainder of the sugar, and fold into the cake mixture very carefully.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and stir till soft carefully fold in sifted icing sugar
Note: If you over fold the cream cheese it will become too soft.
- Cover the top of the cake with cream cheese and sprinkle dried edible flowers on top.
- Place fresh flowers around the base of the cake.