This is a wholesome, tasty, filling meal that can be prepared in advance, which is especially handy if you’re pressed for time. It’s also great served with the toasted soda bread.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 good gluten-free butcher sausages (approx. 600g)
- 3 mixed peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 150ml white wine
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin of white beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- gluten-free soda bread, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes, until soft.
- Add the sausages and cook for a further 5 minutes, then add the peppers, celery, garlic, thyme, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour in the white wine and reduce by half. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and almost bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Taste to check the seasoning and adjust if required. Serve with gluten-free soda bread.
We need your consent to load this YouTube contentWe use YouTube to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences