Salmon is often referred as the 'steak of the sea', it is high in Omega 3 fatty acids which have proven health benefits plus it's delicious, if cooked correctly. Kevin Dundon's pan seared fillet of salmon with coriander and chili pesto fits the bill.
- 500g Pack Rice Noodles
- 4 salmon fillet (approx.150 -180g each)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 20g butter
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- Salt & Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 semi dried tomatoes
- Coriander and chilli Pesto
- Cook the rice noodles as per pack instructions, drain and set aside in a bowl.
- Season the salmon on both sides and set aside. Preheat the frying pan on a medium heat and add the oil, then place the salmon skin side down onto the pan.
- Cook for 5 min until golden, then turn the salmon over and continue to cook on a medium low heat for a further 6-8 minutes. Add the butter and the lemon zest, then squeeze the juice over the pan. Continue cooking, using a spoon to baste with the frothing butter for a further minute.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spoon some pesto over the noodles add the cherry tomatoes, then divide and serve the noddle with the salmon onto each plates and add a further serving of pesto.