Get a taste of the American South with this recipe by Operation Transformation.
- 250g sirloin OR fillet steak, cut into strips
- 300g potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes?
- 1 tomato, halved and cut into lengths?
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 75ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar?
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce?
- ½ tsp dried oregano?
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp rapeseed oil?
- Handful coriander leaves, chopped?1 tsp chilli powder (Optional)
- To make the marinade mix the balsamic vinegar, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, dried oregano, and cumin in a bowl. Mix this marinade well
- Add the steak slices to the mixture and leave to marinade for 20 – 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas mark 4
- Over a medium heat, add a pot of cold water and add the potato cubes. Parboil the potatoes for approximatley 5 – 10 minutes
- Spread 1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil on a baking sheet and place the drained parboiled potatoes on the sheet
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil over potato cubes?
- Place potato cubes in the oven and cook for 20 – 30 minutes until browned and crispy on the outside?
- Place 1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil in a wok or pan on high heat. Add the marinated meat to the work or pan, leaving some of the marinade behind in the bowl
- Reduce the heat slightly and cook the meat until brown on the outside
- Add the garlic, chopped onion and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Add the chopped peppers
- Add the tomato slices, chilli powder and remaining marinade to the pan and stir for several minutes
- Serve the steak mixture with the cubed potatoes and garnish with coriander