Catherine Fulvio serves Goats Cheese, Serrano Ham Tart, Parmesan Pastry on RTÉ One's Today show. Lucky Maura and Daíthí
For the pastry
200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
100g butter, chilled and diced
2 tbsp parmesan, grated
½ tsp oregano, finely chopped
1 egg yolk
2 - 3 tbsp chilled water (may need less)
For the filling
2 large eggs + 2 egg yolks
4 slices Serrano ham, cut into strips
1 red pepper, roasted, skinned and diced
100ml crème fraiche
150ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
120g soft goat’s cheese
2 tbsp. chopped chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas 4.
- Grease a 23cm flan tin with removable base.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the butter, parmesan and oregano and rub into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and the water and mix to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and allow to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface slightly larger than the tin. Line the tin with the pastry and trim the edges. Place a circle of baking paper over the pastry and fill with baking beans.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove the beans and paper and return to the oven for five minutes.
- For the filling, place all the ingredients (except for the goat’s cheese) into a large bowl and mix gently.
- Pour the filling into the pastry case and sprinkle the goat’s cheese on top.
- Bake the quiche for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the filling is set. Serve warm or cold with a green salad.
This recipe is courtesy of Cook with Avonmore !