Really tasty dish that can be on the table in 20 minutes.
- 200g streaky bacon, chopped or bacon lardons
- 2 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme, striped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 400g tagliatelle
- 2 egg yolks
- 125ml cream
- 40g freshly grated mature hard cheese
- A little salt and black pepper
- Thyme leaves
- A green salad and some crusty bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, thyme leaves and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are golden.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta as per packet instructions. While the pasta is cooking mix together the egg yolks, cream and cheese.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 120ml of the liquid. With the saucepan off the heat, return the pasta to it along with the reserved water, bacon and egg, cream and cheese mixture. Return to a very low heat and stir constantly for a minute or two until the sauce thickens. Taste and season.
- Divide between four bowls and sprinkle over some thyme leaves and more cheese if you wish.
- Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread.
This recipe is courtesy of Bord Bia.