Wade Murphy is sharing his yummy recipe for Milk Chocolate Mousse from the Today show on RTÉ One.
Prep time: Approx 20 mins plus 3 hours chilling time
- 170g Milk Chocolate Drops
- 30g butter
- 2 large Free range eggs - separated
- 45g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 180ml whipping cream
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water with the butter and 30mls of the cream. Once melted allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs whites and sugar till they form stiff peaks. Whip the remaining cream till it reaches soft peaks.
- Add the egg yolks to the cooled chocolate and add the orange zest. Fold the egg whites slowly into the chocolate and then add the whipped cream.
- Divide the mix into 4 ramekins or glasses and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
Garnish with chopped pistachios, whipped cream and some chocolate shavings.