For the perfect lunch.
- 1 pack of puff pastry (2 sheets x 320g)
For the Filling:
- 300g pork loin, minced
- 200g streaky bacon, diced
- 100g dried apricots, diced
- 2 shallots finely, diced
- A tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- A tablespoon of toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to season
- A little olive oil, for frying
- Grease a 12-hole bun tray - I usually pop into the fridge while the pastry is resting.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Start off by sweating the shallots in a frying pan over a medium heat until golden.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl, along with the shallots. Mix and season well.
- Using a large round cutter, cut 12 large circles about 9cm and 12 smaller circles about 7cm.
- Line each of the bun holes with the large pastry circles and divide the mixture between them.
- Brush the edges for each pie with a little-beaten egg, and then place the lids on top, pressing the edges together.
- Brush the tops with egg to glaze and then pop in the fridge for ½ hour to rest.
- When you take them out of the fridge brush them again with egg and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 160°Cand continue baking for a further 25 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes or so and transfer to a wire rack.