Black Pudding is really enjoying its time in the spotlight! Trish Deseine's delicious black pudding and apple tart, as seen on the Today show on RTÉ One (January 20, 2016).
- 4 Bramley apples, peeled, cored & quartered
- 4 Golden delicious apples peeled, cored & sliced
- 500g black pudding
- 1 packet puff or shortcrust pastry
- 40g or so of melted butter
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Poach the bramleys, let them cool and réserve.
- Cut the pudding into 1/2 cm slices.
- Roll out the pastry into a 24cm loose base tart tin.
- Spread the cooled apple over the base.
- Alternate the pudding & slices of apple, making a pretty pattern.
- Brush with butter and bake for 25/30 minutes until the apples are golden & the pudding crisp. Serve with a green salad.