Turkish Eggs - you can cook the eggs to your liking and throw in a little fresh chili to spice things up
- 250g Chorizo, sliced into rounds
- I onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of sugar
- Freshly ground pepper and sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 sprigs of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
Ever heard of Turkish eggs? They are a delicious, tasty, quick alternative way of throwing together an egg dish while also earning you a little wow factor from your gang/guests.
- Heat the frying pan gently and add the chorizo. As the chorizo begins to cook it will release oil, then add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the tomatoes and a pinch of sugar and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Check for seasoning.
- Using a spoon make four hollows in the sauce, then crack an egg into each one, put a lid on the pan and check after five minutes to see if the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Scatter a parsley over the eggs, a little dusting of ground pepper and serve from the pan.