A scrumptious brunch dish for sharing the morning after the night before, with just one pan to wash up afterwards.
- calorie controlled cooking spray
- 250 g (9 oz) potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm (3/4 inch) dice
- 3 bacon medallions, chopped
- 150 g (5 ½ oz) chestnut or button mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 2 medium eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a lidded non stick frying pan lightly with the cooking spray. Stir-fry the potatoes for 3-4 minutes over a high heat until starting to brown at the edges.
- Season with pepper, add 3 tablespoons of water and cover the pan. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes over a lowish heat, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Remove the lid, add the bacon and increase the heat under the pan to medium.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Make 2 spaces in the potato mixture and break an egg into each gap. Cover the pan again and cook gently for 2 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve on warmed plates.
Vegetarian? Try this. Replace bacon with 50g (1 ¾ oz) Quorn Deli Bacon style Rashers, chopped. They need less cooking than bacon, so add them to the potato and mushroom mixture just before adding the eggs to the pan. The ProPoints values will remain the same.
5 ProPoints per serving 11 ProPoints per recipe
Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.