Wade Murphy's delicious fudge recipe as seen on RTÉ One's Today show.
- 360g Golden Castor Sugar
- 320mls Double Cream
- 40g Butter
- 12g Glucose Syrup
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 2 tablespoon Orange Juice
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Line a minimum 6cm deep tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the sugar, cream, butter & glucose syrup in a deep pot. Place on the heat and allow the sugar to dissolve and the butter to melt. Place a sugar thermometer into the mix and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mix reaches 116oC otherwise known as the soft ball stage. Remove from the heat and allow to sit, untouched until the temperature reaches 110oC. Add a pinch of salt. Leave the thermometer in the pot and using a wooden spoon continuously beat the mix until it cools to approximately 60oC. Remove the thermometer and continue to beat for a couple of more minutes.
- Add in the juice, zest and ground black pepper. Pour the fudge into the prepared tray and smooth out the surface. Leave to cool at room temperature overnight. Next day cut the fudge into bite sized pieces and place into whatever presentation box you are using. Give these tasty funky fudge treats to friends and family as presents. This fudge will keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins plus overnight cooling