Even the fussiest should be fans!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 85g white breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread
- 400g skinless sustainable white fish and/or salmon, sliced into 12 strips
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 lemon wedges
- For the Homemade Mushy Peas:
- 200g frozen peas
- Handful fresh mint leaves – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- A little milk or cream
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour the beaten egg into a shallow dish. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Mix the lemon zest into the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Dip the fish strips into the egg, then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Tip: To make these delicious fish fingers a little more exciting for non-fussy eaters, add 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan to the breadcrumbs.
- Tip: Make sure that the fish has no bones as bones often put fussy eaters off eating fish.
- To make the pea purée, cook the peas according to the instructions on the pack.
- Place in a blender with the mint, butter and a little salt and pepper. Blend quickly until desired consistency. If the mixture is too thick add a little milk or cream.
- Set aside and keep warm. (If you do not have a blender you can mash the peas with a potato masher or fork and add in the chopped mint, for a more firmly textured mix.)
- Serve the fish fingers with a wedge of lemon and pea purée.