Serves 4 as a starter
- 70g (2¾oz) celery, trimmed and very finely chopped
- 250g (9oz) cucumber, chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- good pinch of salt
- good twist of freshly ground black pepper
- 150g (5oz) natural yoghurt
- 1–2 tsp finely grated horseradish
- 250g (9oz) grated cucumber
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and very finely chopped
- Put all the soup ingredients into a blender and whiz to a smooth liquid. Pour into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, then cover and chill.
- Before you serve, check the seasoning.
- Serve in small bowls with crusty bread as a gorgeous starter on a hot sunny day.