The weather may not be scorching, but these kid-friendly ice pops will still go down a treat in your house this summer. And you can always substitute the fruit involved to keep their taste buds on their toes!
- 40 g icing sugar
- 200 g strawberries, trimmed & washed
- 175 g Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Sieve the icing sugar into a large bowl.
- Blend the strawberries in a food processor and then pass through the sieve into the bowl with the icing sugar. This will remove the seeds.
- Stir in the Greek-style natural yoghurt and the vanilla bean paste and mix well.
- Divide evenly between four plastic cups.
- Cover the cups with cling film. Make a small slit with a sharp knife in the middle of the cling film and then insert a lolly stick.
- Freeze on a flat surface for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before you want to eat them. Once they have melted slightly, remove the cling film and then take them out of the plastic cups.
Replace the strawberries with 200g raspberries or 200g pineapple, peeled and chopped into chunks, for a fun variation in flavour. For the pineapple recipe, leave out the vanilla bean paste.
This recipe is courtesy of Siúcra.