A great starter.
- 16 green asparagus spears
- 4 white asparagus spears
- 20g freshly grated horseradish
- 20g cream
- 100g milk
- 100g hazelnuts, toasted
- 100g tender watercress
- Pea shoots
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 20g olive oil
- 20g lemon vinegar
- 50g Parmesan
- Take the asparagus and snap off the bottom (1/3), wash and lightly trim.
- In a pan of boiling salted water, cook the green asparagus until tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Cook the white asparagus for 5-6 minutes. Remove and caramelise in a pan until golden brown.
- Refresh cooked asparagus in ice water, once chilled store in the fridge until needed.
- Finely slice the trimmed asparagus spears on the diagonal using a mandolin and set aside.
- Bring the horseradish, milk and cream to the boil and infuse for 2 hours. Strain off and aerate with hand blender.
- Marinate the raw and cooked asparagus with salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon vinegar and lemon zest.
- Assemble on a plate as you like, spoon the horseradish around, add the hazelnuts and some picked watercress, pea shoots and freshly grated parmesan.