TV chef and food writer Catherine Leyden shares her delicious American-style pancakes recipe with us.
- 200 g/7oz odlums pancake mix
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 ml/ ¼ pint milk
- oil for frying
- Put the pancake mix and sugar into a bowl.
- Beat the egg and milk together and add to the dry ingredients.
- Beat until mixture is smooth. Cover and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Beat again for a few seconds before frying.
- Heat a little oil on a pan and drop spoonfuls of batter into pan.
- When mixture is puffed and bubbling on top, turn and cook on other side.
- Serve hot.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Serve hot with butter.
- Serve with Rowse Honey or Buckwud Maple Syrup
- Fresh fruit of your choice and cream or crème fraiche.
- Crispy bacon and maple syrup.
- Poached egg and Hollandaise Sauce.
- Gently stir in 75g/3oz blueberries into batter before frying
- Or why not try some of our other tasty toppings Shamrock Pecan Nuts, Shamrock Chopped Almonds, Shamrock Chocolate Chips 100g