Check out this delicious fluffy pancakes recipe, served with whipped honey butter.
- 135 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 130 ml milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tblsp of melted butter (allowed to cool slightly) plus extra for cooking
- for the whipped honey butter
- 110 g butter
- 75 g honey
- 1/2 vanilla bean or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
- Whisk the milk, egg and melted butter together in a jug.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a whisk or fork, beat until you have a smooth batter, the lumps quickly disappear. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little butter. When it's melted, add a ladle of batter or two, depending on how big your pan is and on what size you want your pancakes to be.
- The batter should be very thick. The pancake will be ready to turn when it bubbles appear on the surface. Flip it over to cook the other side.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm in a low oven but serve as soon as possible.
For the Whipped Honey Butter:
- Whip the butter and honey until soft and creamy. Add the vanilla and mix until just combined. Spoon into a bowl or jar and keep in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before using.
Dairygold teamed up with celebrity chef Lilly Higgins for Pancake Tuesday.