A great feed.
- 1 large chicken cut into 8, and breast bone removed (i asked the butcher in the supermarket to do this for me)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A couple of sprigs of rosemary if you have some available
For the Red Pepper Aioli:
- 1 red pepper, roasted with skin removed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tblsp mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and brown the chicken.
- Toss the rest of the vegetables, lemon and rosemary in the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a large oven tray and place the chicken on top.
- Bake at 170C for 50 minutes.
- For the red pepper aioli, remove the seeds and skin from a roast red pepper, blitz in a food processor with the mayonnaise and garlic until blended.
- Serve with the roast chicken tray bake.
- To roast a red pepper, preheat the oven to 220C.
- Cut the peppers into quarters. Remove the seeds and the membranes.
- Roast the peppers until the skin blisters and turns black.
- Remove from oven and cover with cling film until cool.
- The skins should peel away from the peppers easily when cooled.