Of course, these carrots could also be roasted in the oven in the glaze but Christmas is a time when oven space is often at a premium so I've decided to blanch them first and then finish them in a hot wok.
- 300g baby carrots, trimmed (each about 12.5cm)
- 1 tblsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- Good knob of butter
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- Place the carrots in a pan of boiling salted water and blanch until almost but not quite tender - 3-4 minutes is about right. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Heat a large wok or sauté pan. Add the oil and allow to heat through. Add the butter and once it stops sizzling tip in the carrots. Drizzle over the honey and soy sauce, tossing to coat in an even glaze. Continue to and sauté for another few minutes until the carrots are heated through and nicely glazed.
- Remove from the heat and scatter over the parsley and sesame seeds. Give the whole thing another couple of tosses and tip into a warmed serving dish. These can be kept warm in a low oven covered with cling film.