Serve the pancakes on a warm plate dusted with icing sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
- 100g (3½oz) plain flour
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 125ml (4½fl oz) milk
- 2 tblsp sunflower oil
- 15g (½oz) butter
- 125g (4½oz) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- To Serve:
- Icing Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks with the milk and whisk into the dry ingredients to form a thick batter. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the batter.
- Place a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- When the pan has heated up, drizzle over a few drops of sunflower oil and add a knob of butter to the pan, allow to melt, then drop in three or four generous tablespoonfuls of batter at a time, leaving plenty of space in between.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then place about seven blueberries onto each pancake. After about 2 minutes, the pancakes should be turning golden underneath and holes should be forming on the top.
- At this stage, flip them over and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Serve the pancakes on a warm plate dusted with icing sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.