Easy when you know how!
- 100g brown sugar
- 150g plum pudding
- 100g caster sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 600ml cream
- Crumble up the plum pudding. Put the brown sugar in a pot and heat until it has melted. Toss in the plum pudding and then spread on a baking tray to cool down.
- Place the caster sugar and 100ml of water in a heavy based pan and simmer gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and continue to boil until it has reached 116c, you will need a jam thermometer for this. Meanwhile whisk the egg yolks until they are pale in colour and have become thick and creamy, whisk the hot sugar mixture into the eggs and continue whisking until the mix is cool.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the egg yolk mixture and the caramelised plum pudding. Use to fill 8 dariole moulds or a 1kg loaf tin which has been lined with clingfilm.
- Cover with clingfilm and freeze overnight or until solid. To serve dip the moulds in boiling water for a minute and overturn onto a plate and serve.