Eunice Power's Pulled Pork Tacos as seen on the Today Show
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 - 1.2kg piece pork shoulder
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 250 ml pineapple juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 125 ml water
- 1 lime
- 1 lettuce
- 166 ml sour cream – optional topping with seasoning sachet in taco kit
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Firstly you will need to preheat your oven to 160°C
- Turn on the hob to a medium heat and add oil to your casserole dish and when hot then add your Pork shoulder and brown the outside all over for 3-4 minutes. and cooked through.
- Then remove the pork from the heat and leave to the side for 3 minutes in a separate dish.
- You can now add the onion to the casserole dish and brown for a few minutes until softened.
- Add to the onion the pineapple juice, the bay leaf and the Tomato Stir in Sauce with ½ cup of added water.
- You can now add back into this sauce the pork shoulder and cover the top of your casserole dish with a layer of foil and the dish lid, to ensure you keep all the juices and steam in the dish for slow cooking.
- Now you can put the casserole dish with pork into your preheated oven for 3 hours or until the meat is fully cooked and tender and falling apart.
- 10 minutes before your pork is ready to come out of your oven you can heat the Stand 'n' Stuff Soft Tortillas in the same oven for 7-9 minutes on 160c on a baking sheet, loosely covering the soft taco's in foil or you can heat in a microwave on full power for about 30 seconds.
- To make the Mango salsa all you need to do is slice the mango into small pieces, and chop you onion and coriander up small and combine all with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Also mix the sour cream with the Seasoning Sachet of cooling sour cream topping so its ready to serve.
- You will just need to shred your lettuce and keep in a bowl.
- We then remove the Tortillas and the pork from the oven
- Using two forks gentle pull outwards on the pork and it should pull apart easily make sure to pull all of the meat apart for adding to your tacos.
- Lastly you can fill your heated Tacos with the Pulled pork,shreeded lettuce, top with sour cream topping and the mango salsa and then Dig in!