This is a really simple and straightforward main dish, which can be spiced and dressed up a million ways.
- 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
- 7 eggs, free-range and organic if possible
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 100g diced cooked ham
- 50g frozen peas
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
This is a really simple and straightforward main dish, which can be spiced and dressed up a million ways!
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Add the onions and thyme and sauté on a low heat for 7–10 minutes, until the onions are soft and slightly caramelised.
- Add the diced potatoes and cook over a medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, lift the onions and potatoes from the pan and discard the remaining oil.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, parsley, hams, peas, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the onions and potatoes until they are all coated with the egg mixture.
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper and heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil. Add the egg and potato mixture to the pan and cook over a very low heat, until the egg begins to set.
- To prevent the frittata from sticking, use a metal spatula to lift it and allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Once the frittata has set around the edges but is still unset in the middle, transfer under the grill for about 5 minutes, until the centre is set and golden.
- To remove it from the pan, place a plate over the frying pan and invert the pan. The frittata should just pop onto the plate (take care, as the pan will be very hot).
- Cut into wedges and serve garnished with thyme and serve with buttered broccoli.