Make tasty savoury pancakes.
Makes: 12 pancakes
- 2 lb frozen leaf spinach
- 25 g butter
- 1 sugar
- 1 tsp sugar
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tblsp cream
- 300 g grated cheese to taste
- mornay sauce using 250 ml/half pint milk
- Thaw the spinach and drain well in a colander.
- Transfer to a saucepan, add the butter and sprinkle with the flour.
- Shake the pan until the flour is absorbed, add the seasoning, sugar, nutmeg and milk and stir over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Make the Mornay sauce.
- Layer the pancakes with the spinach filling in between, coat with the sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and brown under the grill or in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve, as you would a cake.