Numerous health benefits are buckwheat's prime claim to fame. Firstly, it does not contain gluten, so it makes an excellent substitute for other grains in the diet. These pancakes are much sweeter and wholesome than regular pancakes. They are a family favorite.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 cup water
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil for frying
- Place flour into a medium mixing bowl. Gradually add water and stir using a whisk or fork to remove lumps. Mix until paste is formed. Leave to settle for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add a little coconut oil. Ladle just enough batter onto hot pan to coat whole surface.
- Cook for about a minute and a half on the first side or until the surface is covered with small bubbles and the underside is nicely browned.
- Flip and cook for about a minute on the second side.
- Serve stacked high with plenty of maple syrup topped with fresh fruit.
Recipe courtesy of Figgy & Sprout.