Another treat from the travels.
- 6 skinless salmon fillets (175g, pin bones removed)
- olive oil, for brushing
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 ripe avocadoes
- 25 g wild rocket
- for the dressing:
- 12 semi sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained and roughly chopped)
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of chilli powder
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing, place the sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor with the olive oil, lemon juice, chilli powder and basil leaves. Blend together for about 1 minute or until you have achieved a fairly smooth texture. Season to taste and transfer to a jug.
- Cut each the salmon fillet into three pieces. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Season the salmon pieces and brush each one with a little olive oil, then place in griddle pan. Reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until just cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the lemon juice.
- To serve, cut each avocado in half and remove the stone, then carefully peel away the skin. Drizzle a little of the dressing into the centre of each plate and place a fanned out avocado half in the centre. Arrange three pieces of the salmon around the edge of each plate. Scatter around the rocket and drizzle over a little more of the dressing.