For that memorable sit down.
- 2 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- 1 tblsp milk
- 4 cod fillets
- salt and pepper, to season
- flour for dredging
- 250 g pistachio nuts (medium-fine, chopped)
- 3 tblsp olive oil, for frying
- lemon wedge, to garnish
- 1 tblsp olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 small shallots (or 1 medium, very finely chopped)
- 1 tblsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 120 ml fish stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tblsp crème fraiche
- 1 tblsp flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
For that memorable sit down!
- Beat the egg whites and milk together in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dust each fillet lightly with flour.
- Dip into the egg white mix and coat with chopped nuts.
- Allow to rest in fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
- Gently fry for 3 to 4 minutes per side until crisp and firm to the touch.
- To make the sauce, sauté the shallots in a little olive oil until soft.
- Then add the stock and lemon zest and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes before stirring in the crème fraiche and flat leaf parsley, and heat through. Season to taste.
- Place the cod fillets on serving plates and pour the sauce over. Garnish with a lemon wedge.