A simple mackerel and salad from Martin Shanahan.
- 1 whole smoked mackerel
- 0.5 a red onion
- handful of rocket leaves
- 1 generous tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 100 g cucumber
- 120 g vine ripened tomato
- Remove the skin and bone from the smoked fillet.
- Coat baking tray with oil & warm the fish under grill or in the oven.
- Chop tomatoes, onion and cucumber into chunks and mix the salad.
- Add a small sprinkle of sea salt a splash of sherry vinegar and mix well.
- Take mackerel from the grill or oven.
- Heap some salad on a plate with a drizzle of vinegar from the bowl, a few pieces of fish, some rocket on top and drizzle some of the oil from the roasting tray over the top.
- Serve with crusty bread.