A delicious fish main, Pan Fried Mackerel, from Martin Shanahan.
- 4 mackerel fillets (leave the skin on but without the pin bone)
- some seasoned flour
- martin's miraculous tomato sauce:
- 2 plum tomatoes (tinned and skinned are perfect)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 knobs of butter
- Heat your pan for a minute then add some vegetable oil.
- When you begin to see blue smoke you're ready for fish.
- Dip your mackerel in some seasoned flour.
- Make sure to pat off the excess flour. And place skin side down in the pan.
- Don't move the fish until it's ready to turn. If the fish starts to contract just push it back down with your spatula.
- When you see the sides beginning to brown you can turn over for another minute.
- Then it's onto your plate. Add some of your sauce and serve with salad or crusty bread.