One for the kids to enjoy. Martin Shanahan's Home Made Fish Fingers.
For the Fish:
- 1 kg cod or haddock (ask your fishmonger to skin and bone a large fillet of cod)
For the Crumb:
- 1 egg
- 25 ml milk
- 50 g seasoned flour
- 250 g white bread crumb
One for the kids to enjoy!
- Cut the fish into finger sizes sideways along the width of the fish.
- Break the egg into a medium size bowl.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Then dip the fish into the seasoned flour. Pat off the excess flour.
- Dip the fish into the milk and egg mix. Then place in the breadcrumb until both sides are covered.
- Move onto a tray or plate and into the fridge until you are ready to cook.
- These can be made early in the day or even better get your children to help you.
- Heat a good heavy based pan. Add some vegetable oil. When the oil is hot place the fish fingers in the pan. Then they begin to brown turn over and cook for four minutes.
- Serve with chips or salad.