Catherine Fulvio serves up pasta with some highly nutritious pistachios.
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 100 g pancetta
- 70 g breadcrumbs
- 350 g asparagus (cut into 2cm pieces)
- 450 g penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 tsp thyme (chopped)
- 40 g olives (pitted and halved)
- 100 g pistachio (chopped)
- 300 ml double cream
- Heat about 2tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the breadcrumbs until brown.
- Drain them on kitchen towel and set them aside.
- Blanch the asparagus, drain it and refresh it in ice cold water to retain the colour.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the package.
- Add a little oil into a frying pan, cook the pancetta, pepper and thyme for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the asparagus and cook over a high heat for two minutes.
- Add in the cream and warm through.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the olives and chopped pistachio and breadcrumbs check for seasoning and serve immediately.