A firm restaurant favourite all over Ireland, Catherine Fulvio shows us how.
- 300 g raspberry jam
- 75 ml plus 4 tbsp marsala
- 150 ml orange juice
- 475 g mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 375 ml chilled whipping cream
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 52 (about) savoiardi biscuits
- 750 g raspberries (divided)
- If possible, it is best to prepare this dish a day ahead so all of the elements can meld and the Savoiardi can soften fully.
- First, whisk the jam, 75ml Marsala and the orange juice together.
- Place mascarpone cheese and 2 tbsp Marsala in large bowl, folding in, just enough to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 2 tbsp Marsala in another large bowl, into soft peaks.
- Stir a quarter of the whipped cream mixture into the mascarpone mixture to lighten it, then fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spread the jam mixture at the bottom of the serving dish and arrange enough Savoiardi over the mixture to cover the bottom of dish.
- Spoon more jam mixture over the Savoiardi and then spread some of the mascarpone mixture over that.
- Arrange some raspberries over the mascarpone mixture and repeat layering with the remaining Savoiardi, jam mixture, and mascarpone mixture.
- Cover it with plastic and chill for at least eight hours or overnight.
- Arrange the leftover raspberries over tiramisù and serve. 32 x 22 x 12cm serving dishes/bowls or individual glasses.