A simple take on a traditional necessity, perfect with your Christmas dinner.
- 350 g sugar
- 450 g fresh cranberries
- 300 ml water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 slice of fresh orange
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and dissolve.
- Bring it back to the boil and add the cranberries.
- Let the cranberries simmer for 8-10 minutes, after 5 minutes add the cinnamon stick and the orange.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool. (this can be stored in the freezer or in the fridge for up to a week).
- Recipe courtesy of Naomi Byrne.