Try one of an acclaimed author's favourite dishes.
- 7 eggs
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- a teaspoon pepper
- 2 tblsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 cup fresh chives (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add cardamom, cumin, salt, pepper, flour, and baking powder. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add all herbs.
- Mix once more.
- Heat butter in a medium-size, deep frying pan. Pour in egg and herb mixture, immediately lower heat, and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until kuku solidifies.
- Replace the lid with a large plate or platter, making sure it covers the pan completely.
- Flip the kuku over and slide it back into the pan.
- Cook the other side fro 20 minutes on low heat.
- Eat with yogurt and cucumber dip.