Beat those winter hunger pangs with this simple but filling recipe from RTÉ's Guerrilla Gourmet.
- 8 good quality free range pork sausages
- 1 l tomato passattae
- 2 tins cooked butterbeans
- 100 g green beans
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 large carrot
- 2 red onions
- 100 g frozen broadbeans
- 1 large celery stick
- 100 ml red wine
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 100 g fresh basil
- 50 g pine nuts
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 100 ml olive oil
- Chop onions, garlic, carrot and celery, and fry in a saucepan on a low heat until soft.
- Add red wine and balsamic vinegar. Reduce by half, then add in tomato passatta and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blitz all ingredients together in food processor.
- Fry off sausages and keep warm in the oven. Bring tomato sauce to the boil.
- Add in cooked butterbeans, broad beans and green beans, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide cassoulet between 4 plates.
- Slice sausages in half, and place on top of cassoulet. Drizzle with some basil pesto and serve.