A delicious Mediterranean salad.
- 225 g bulgar wheat (soaked in cold water for 20-30 minutes, then drained and squeezed)
- dry in a clean tea-towel
- 4 tblsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium-sized onion (finely chopped)
- 3 scallions (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 450 g tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 75 ml olive oil
- 10 lettuce leaves (washed and shaken dry)
- 4 tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh mint
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the wheat, 3 tablespoons of the parsley, the mint, onion, scallions and chopped tomatoes until they are thoroughly combined.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil, beating well with a fork.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well, using two large spoons.
- Line a medium-sized salad bowl with the lettuce leaves and arrange the salad in the middle.
- Garnish with the tomato quarters and remaining parsley before serving.