It's fitting that, as Halloween originated in Ireland, we lead the way with fun things to do over the holiday season.
What started as the Celtic festival Samhain is now a month-long celebration featuring pumpkin patches, parties, pranks and poltergeists!
YourDaysOut is the No.1 site for people looking for things to do in Ireland with tools to help businesses promote, publish and sell tickets online, for less.
The site has thousands of ideas but we've narrowed the list down to some of our Halloween favourites...only if you're brave enough!
Have a frightfully good time!
1) Spooktacular Pumpkin Party
The Ark Playcentre at Puddenhill is under new management and they are planning some spectacular Halloween parties this year. Each party is three-hours long and will include the fun indoor soft play area, outdoor playground and animal farm at the play centre.
There will also be a few spooks along the way, face painting, disco and every child will get a pumpkin to take home!
- Venue: The Ark Play Centre at Puddenhill
- When: October 27th - 30th
2)Halloween Experience at Delta Sensory Gardens
Delta Sensory Gardens host their annual Halloween Experience with lots of wicked and wonderful things that will make you jump in the gardens.
There will be plenty of Halloween activities to entertain the whole family including face painting, glitter tattoos, arts & crafts and a scavenger hunt down in the gardens. Book your preferred time-slot in advance.
- Venue: Delta Sensory Gardens, Carlow
- When: October 27th
3) The Playcentre Kingscourt Halloween Party - Cavan
Two hours of fun with fun in the frames, dancing, music, games and a prize for the best-dressed child. All children will also receive a hot meal and a free gift to bring home
- Venue: The Playcentre, Kingscourt, Cavan
- When: October 31st: 12:30 | 15:00 | 17:30
4) Zip of Terror
How fast can you run?
Halloween events are for big kids too and the Zip of Terror is only for the really brave ones! Do you think you are brave enough to zip through the night sky before wandering through a forest full of frights?
This event takes about 90 minutes, is for over 12s and you can get a 15% discount.
- Venue: Castlecomer Discovery Park, Kilkenny
- When: October 26th - 29th
5) Halloween at Red Mountain Open Farm
During the Halloween Experience, you can play in the spooky barn, visit the witches' den and have fun in the hay maze. There will also be a ghost carriage, the blue barrel express and horse and carriage rides available for extra.
- Venue: Red Mountain Open Farm, Corballis, Co. Meath
- When: October 27th - November 4th
6) The Ark - Dublin
Get in the spooky spirit with Dracula’s own DJ, spinning the decks and scratching vinyl at our outdoor family dance party. Dracula’s Disco returns with DJ Will Softly on The Ark’s outdoor stage, complete with confetti cannons to inspire some seriously deadly dancing!
- Venue: Meeting Place Square, Temple Bar, Dublin
- When: Monday, 29th October | 14:00 - 16:00
7) Hallowe’en Bonfire and Storytelling
All the family are invited to dress in their scariest Hallowe’en outfit for an afternoon of Ghoulish Arts & Crafts, Spooky Storytelling, Hunting for The Púca, Witchery in the Roundhouse and the grand finale, everybody’s favourite - the Bonfire to celebrate Samhain.
- Venue: Brigit's Garden, Rosscahill, Co. Galway
- When: October 28th & October 29th
8) Halloween Party
Wains World in Buncrana is hosting a fun-filled Halloween party with face painting, treats, juice and full use of the indoor play frame.
- Venue: Wains World, Buncrana, Co. Donegal
- When: October 27th | 12:00
9) Halloween at Russborough House
The Poisonous Pantry returns to Blessington this Halloween with Cookie Decorations, Face Painting, Spooky Storytelling and Yummy Hot chocolate. Booking essential.
- Venue: Lady Beit’s Pantry, Russborough House & Parklands, Blessington, Co. Wicklow
- When: October 27th - 31st.
10) Fangtastic party at EPIC
Irish emigrant Bram Stoker features in the museum vaults, so EPIC is embracing their inner-Dracula with a fang-tastic Halloween party!
Go dressed as your favourite spooky character, do creepy arts and crafts, play games and have loads of fun. There will be treats on the day and face-painting to make you extra scary. Recommended for ages 5 - 11. Each ticket purchased also counts as one child ticket to the museum!
- Venue: EPIC, The Irish Emigration Museum, CHQ Building, Dublin
- When: October 30th
11) Halloween Fun at Clonfert Pet Farm
A fantastic, fun-filled day out with the Haunted house, spooky walks, story-telling, reptile room and more!
- Venue: Clonfert Pet Farm, Kildare
- When: October 27th - 29th
12) Ship Shape Kids Play
Junction 6 is a new Health and Leisure village just off the M50 and home to a new children's play centre, Ship Shape Kids Play. During the mid-term break, they are offering entry for only €6 for each child plus a free tea/coffee for the grown-ups.
- Venue: Ship Shape Kids Play, Junction 6, Castleknock, Dublin
- When: Monday - Friday, October 29th - November 2nd
13) Pumpkin Decorating
Select the finest pumpkin you can find and start painting and decorating. When you are finished you can spend the afternoon taking a trip around Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, meet the animals and have fun in the playground.
- Venue: Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Clare
- When: Saturday, October 26th | 11:00 - 15:00
14) Halloween at National Botanic Gardens
A fun, entertaining and informative day of dress-up and games. View the Halloween Harvest display and Decorated Pumpkin Exhibition, discover all about magical plants when you visit the witches in their garden and try your hand at some of the maths puzzles and games that will be run by Maths Week Ireland.
- Venue: National Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin
- When: Saturday, October 21st | 12:00 - 17:00
15) Halloween Party at Playtown Tullamore
Playtown Tullamore is a family run imagination based miniature town play centre with twenty-one play themes for children. On Bank Holiday Monday, they will be hosting a special party featuring spooky town, scary music and a horror hunt with prizes for the best fancy dress.
- Venue: Playtown Tullamore, Co. Offaly
- When: Monday, October 29th | 16:00 - 17:30
16) Scary Tales at Tayto Park
Step inside a world you thought you knew and discover what happens when an ancient curse is broken. But don’t expect a happily ever after, for these stories have a twist in their tale; escape the Witch, save the Prince, find the answer you seek the most. There will be other fun activities including face-painting, arts and crafts, the zoo, and other attractions around the park. Suitable for 6 and over.
- Venue: Tayto Park, Ashbourne, Meath
- When: October 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, November 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th |11-4pm daily
17) Halloween at Ghoulsley's Manor
Cuskinny in East Cork has been hit by a 200-year old curse and is producing purple pumpkins for Halloween. Visible only to children, the curse of the Purple Pumpkin has hit Lord Ghoulsleys Manor in Cuskinny at Cobh. Children from the ages of four get to experience truly spellbinding theatrical performances by a creative and fun-loving acting crew from East Cork
- Venue: Cobh, Co. Cork
- When: October 20th - 31st October
18) Halloween Fest
Are you ready to scare yourself silly this Halloween?! Westport House will be hosting it’s annual Halloween Fest with plenty of ghoulish delights, scary stories and creepy fun that all the family will be able to enjoy!
Head to the Haunted Estate House, gather ‘round the cauldron for scary story time, visit the dark dungeons where the Pirate Queen Grace O’Malley locked up her prisoners, carve a creepy pumpkin, decorate some ghoulish goblin cakes and more.
- Venue: Westport House, Westport, Co. Mayo
- When: October 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st
19) Lullymore Halloween Happenings
Halloween Happenings returns to Lullymore Heritage & Discovery Park with lots of ghastly ghouls and terrifying treats in store including Haunted Holograms, Terror Train Trips, Terror Treasure Hunts and freaky fun in the devilish den of play—the Funky Forest.
- Venue: Lullymore Heritage Discovery Park, Kildare
- When:27th October - 2nd of November | 10:00 - 18:00
20) Fingal Festival of Fire
A safe family Halloween event with a spectacular firework display in three Dublin venues. Arrive in your fancy dress (bring a torch) and enjoy the live entertainment before the main event.
- Venue: Swords, Balbriggan, Blanchardstown
- When:31st October
21) Samhain Magic at the GAA Museum
A magic show, tour of Croke Park, photo opportunities with the famous Sam and Liam cups and a harvest menu at the GAA Museum this Halloween.
- Venue: GAA Museum, Croke Park, Dublin
- When: October 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th |17:00, 18:00, 19:00
22) Halloween Roller Disco
The Rink @ D12 is Dublin's premier family fun centre combining roller disco, dance and fitness under the one roof. This Halloween, the huge roller disco is perfect for a spooktacular night out. There will be prizes for the best fancy dress and skate hire is included in admission.
- Venue: The Rink @ D12, Dublin
- When: 31st October | 20:00 - 22:30
23) Halloween Spooktacular at the Irish National Stud
Fancy dress, free pony rides, face painting, magic shows, craft workshops, a spooky tunnel experience as well as all the regular attractions make this a fun outdoor family day out this Halloween.
- Venue: Irish National Stud, Tully, Co. Kildare
- When: 27th - 29th October
24) Halloween Camp at The Dome
Supervised play time with scary arts & crafts, themed bowling, games in The Congo Quest, best-dressed prizes, spooky face painting & lots more.
- Venue: The Dome, Carlow
- When: Tuesday 30th, Wednesday 31st, Thursday 1st | 11:00 - 15:00
25) Halloween at Luggwoods
Board The Luggwoods Express where fairy-tale characters will guide you on an interactive and fun journey through the Enchanted Forest. Along the way, you will help our fairy-tale characters find the ingredients for our Friendly Witches magic potion, walk through the mystical forest Pumpkin patch and meet the friendly witch in the Big Red Barn.
- Venue: Luggwoods, Saggart, Dublin
- When: October 27th - November 4th
26) Griffin's Annual Pumpkin Festival
Choose and carve your very own Pumpkin lantern, enjoy traditional Halloween games, face painting and harvest your pumpkins seeds to grow your own pumpkin.
- Venue: Griffins Garden Centre, Cork
- When: October 28th
27) Ascarium | Halloween Spooktacular at SEA LIFE, Bray
Get ready to be spooked this Halloween in Bray with Ascarium. Immersive in-tank trail, celebrating the creepy creatures of the deep – help the Sea Witch find the magic potion ingredients and claim your treasure.
- Venue: Sea Life, Bray, Wicklow
- When: 20th October - 4th November
8) Toy Soldier Factory Halloween Workshop
Cast and paint your very own Halloween monster this mid-term. You can choose from a witch, pumpkin, cat, ghost, Frankenstein, vampire, werewolf or pirate skull. Make them, paint them and take them home...if you dare!
- Venue: Toy Soldier Factory Workshop, Cork
- When: Saturday 27th October – Sunday, November 4th
29) Costumes & Pumpkins & Candy Oh My!!!
Arrive in costume and use the clues to hunt the pumpkins in Dunmore Woods. Have some hot chocolate with marshmallows, munch on some Halloween candy, try our bean boozled challenge, make some slime and get your face painted and listen to some scary stories.
- Venue: Dunmore Woods, Laois
- When: 29th October | 15:00 - 17:30
30) Ken's Halloween House of Horrors
For the past few years, Ken Carraher has built a Halloween crypt in his garden in Killiney and has raised almost €30,000 for Debra Ireland. The crypt is open for Halloween again this year and donations are welcome.
- Venue: Bayview Court, Killiney, Co. Dublin
- When: Saturday 27th - 31st October
31) The Kildare Maze
Halloween family fun returns to the maze this year with a Halloween Hunt. Other activities are also available including a wooden maze, crazy golf, zip wire and more. No bookings, standard admission.
- Venue: Kildare Maze, Prosperous, Co. Kildare
- When: Saturday 27th October – Sunday, November 4th | 12:00 - 17:00
32) Halloween at National Wax Museum
The whole museum will be turned into a spooky fright fest with lots of fun for all the family. Arrive any time during the October season and have a spooky kiddie friendly fright at any time. There will also be lots of ghostly goodies to get everyone into the Halloween spirit and you can get your own Trick or Treat Wax Hand for a funky fright!
- Venue: National Wax Museum, Dublin
- When: October 1st - November 4th
33) Dare to Scare Tours
This Halloween join the ghouls of Wells on a scary journey through the estate where you will explore the basement and discover the mysteries within! Hear the whispers of the night as you delve into darkness and learn the gruesome stories of the past. Adult-only night-time tours are also available...if you're brave enough!
- Venue: Wells House, Wexford
- When: October 26th - 31st
34) Halloween Spooky Farm
Kia Ora Mini Farm will be transformed into a spooky farm for the whole week. Try the electric chair, visit the spooky wake and meet many monsters as well as feeding the animals, taking a trip on the fire brigade, play in the sandpit, milk the cow, operate real diggers and more.
- Venue: Kia Ora Mini Farm, Wexford
- When: October 27th - November 4th
35) Pooka Spooka - Meath
Halloween is a special time of year at Causey Farm. Ghouls, goblins, and ghostly goings-on are just waiting to send a silly shiver down your spine at Pooka Spooka. Enjoy Birds of Prey display, traditional games and crafts, scarecrow corn maze, mirror maze, hayride, broomstick ride, story-telling and more.
- Venue: Causey Farm, Girley, Co. Meath, Ireland
- When: October 27th - 31st
36) Bram Stoker Festival - Dublin
The Bram Stoker Festival returns for the seventh year with four days of living stories and four nights of deadly adventures. Events include three nights of adults-only horror-comedy screenings in the Botanic Gardens, Dracula's Disco, Macnas Parade, spooky Paintclub at EPIC, The Irish Emigration Museum and Stokerland, a pop-up Victorian fun, family day out in St. Patrick’s Park on 27th & 28th October.
- Venue: Various, Dublin
- When: October 26th - 29th
37) Spirit of Meath Halloween Festival - Meath
The birthplace of Ireland's Ancient East is bringing you Ireland's biggest and scariest Halloween festival. There is a mixture of events – haunted hills to eerie graveyards, tour of shadows to friendly witches and spooks and spells, thriller-nights to terrifying terror houses that will delight and frighten all ages.
- Venue: Various, Meath
- When: October 6th - November 4th
38) Spooktacular Boo @ Dublin Zoo - Dublin
Creepy arts and crafts, spine-chilling keeper talks, spooky face-painting, monster music on the Great Lawn plus more festive fun!
- Venue: Dublin Zoo, Phoenix Park, Dublin
- When: October 31st | 12:00 - 16:00
39) Macnas Halloween Parades
The Macnas Halloween Parade in Galway is the largest free event in In Ireland for Halloween with over 54,000 people lining the streets every year to be awed and amazed by this epic scale of storytelling. This year's story celebrates the act of transformation being unleashed upon the city. A world that is hypnotic and intoxicating, glittering, mysterious and filled with shadowy and noble things.
Macnas also return to the streets of Dublin to present an unforgettable nighttime parade as part of Bram Stoker Festival.
- Venue: Galway & Dublin
- When: Galway: Sunday, October 28th 17:30 | Dublin: Monday, October 29th: 19:00
40) Wicklow's Historic Gaol
Over the mid-term, Wicklow's Historic Gaol are running two special tours. First, a Spooky Fancy Dress tour on 29th & 30th followed by a Spider Hunt on Halloween. Are you brave enough to search the corridors and halls of Wicklow Gaol for spiders?
- Venue: Wicklow's Historic Gaol, Kilmantin Hill, Wicklow
- When: October 29th, 29th & 31st | 13:00 & 15:00
41) Halloween at DUBLINIA - Dublin
Delig Inis theatre group present their annual performance at Dublinia!
Meet the Medieval Dublin chancer, Bran the grave-digger, who has the gruesome job of hauling poor souls to the local graveyard and find out all about the strange tale of Drunken Thomas’s encounter in St. Michael’s graveyard, and just how much he managed to upset the dead at Halloween!!
- Venue: Dublinia, Christ Church, Dublin
- When: Saturday, 27th October - Monday, 29th October | 11:00-13:00 and 14.00-15:30
42) Haunted Spooktacular Horror Farm
The Haunted Spooktacular returns to Grove House for the 14th year this October.
Whether you’re a Horror movie fanatic or a Halloween junkie, love to be petrified or just enjoy the detail of a highly interactive one-of-a-kind experience, Haunted Spooktacular has something for everybody.
- Venue: Grove Gardens, Kells, Co. Meath
- When: 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th & 31st October
43) Field of Screams - Derry
Carrowmena's "Field of Screams" is set to be the best Halloween event in the north west of Northern Ireland. With special effects and characters, will you be brave enough to make it the whole way through the maze?
- Venue: Carrowmena Activity Centre, Limavady, Derry
- When: 19th, 20th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th October
44) Glendeer’s Spooktastic Halloween Event
Cast spells with our scary witch, toast marshmallows over an open fire, enter the eerie maze but be warned, it’s as your own risk. Follow Pumpkin Passage through the Forbidden Forest and see lots more skeletons, ghosts and ghouls at Glendeer Pet Farm this Halloween!
- Venue: Glendeer Pet Farm, Roscommon
- When: 27th October - 4th November
45) Trick or Treat Trail & Scare in the Park
Sligo Folk Park hosts a fun trick or treat trail this Halloween with lots of fun for children from 3 - 8 years old. The annual Scare in the Park is on Halloween night 31st October from 5 to 8pm. Both events are €5 per child and children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Venue: Sligo Folk Park, Sligo
- When: 30th October | 12:00 & 31st October | 17:00 - 20:00
46) Halloween at Pirates Cove Wexford
Captain Jack & Aye Aye Izzy are back at it again with their Spooky Halloween camp featuring arts & crafts, pumpkin carving, pirate treasure hunt, adventure golf, paddle boats, go-karts and more.
- Venue: Pirates Cove, Courtown, Wexford
- When: Tuesday 30th - Friday 2nd
47) Halloween at Moher Hill Open Farm
Halloween at Moher Hill Open Farm is the time of year when the witches and ghouls come out to scare. There will be a special children's magic show featuring ‘Pegani’ The Great Magician, play traditional Halloween fun and games, face painting, bouncing castle, go karts, ball pool and more.
- Venue: Moher Hill Farm, Clare
- When: 28th October | 14:00 - 16:30
48) Halloween Seasonal Fun
If ghosts and ghouls aren’t your thing, bring the family to Killruddery for a weekend of bright and seasonal fun! Go to the pumpkin patch in the Walled Garden and choose a pumpkin of your own with help from our farmer. Then you can design it and have it carved out by a master craftsman!
- Venue: Kilruddery House, Wicklow
- When: 27th & 28th October
49) Halloween Treasure Trail
Belvedere House, Gardens and Park is great to visit at any time, but the Halloween Treasure Hunts are particularly wonderful for families. Expect lots of fun and treats.
- Venue: Belvedere House, Westmeath
- When: October 27th - 29th | 12:00 - 14:00
50) Miss Havisham's High Society Halloween Tea, Arklow
On Friday, October 26th, Victorian Tea Times will be hosting an evening of spine-tingling storytelling whereby guests can follow Death and his story of The Three Brothers while dining on tasty treats in a spooky ambience. Tickets are €45 each.
51) Family Halloween Spooktacular Cycle
A guided spooktacular family cycle where you can listen to tales of the unexpected, children can answer the question hunt and crack the code and you can collect items for the witches cauldron.
- Venue: Phoenix Park, Dublin
- When: October 28th - November 2nd
52) Presentation Centre, Enniscorthy
The Presentation Arts Centre is a new multi-use arts venue in Enniscorthy, Co.Wexford, situated on the site of the former Presentation Convent. Over Halloween, they will host a number of fun events including Jackula, pumpkin carving workshop, face painting and a movie screening of Casper.
- Venue: Presentation Centre, Enniscorthy, Wexford
- When: October 26th - 31st
YourDaysOut is a sales and marketing platform for local businesses and event organisers with tools to help promote, publish and sell tickets online, for less. It is also the No.1 site for people looking for things to do, where users can also FOLLOW their favourite pages to get notifications about any offers and events and buy tickets for Halloween or Christmas or discount deals.