Ireland is a stunning country with epic views, fantastic food and some of the most welcoming people the world has to offer. So, on an island filled with fabulous hospitality which hotel takes the top spot?
Trip Advisor's Travellers' Choice Awards aim to provide "the very best of travel chosen by millions of travellers".
The travel site lists the top hotels, destinations, beaches, landmarks, attractions, museums, airlines and holiday rentals in the world as well as in individual countries.
The top hotel?
Harvey's Point in Donegal Town which offers a range of activities from a dinner cabaret show to tailor-made day trips. The hotel claims to have "a genuine desire to see guests who are happy, relaxed and pampered" and clearly their hard work has paid off as they were voted number one.
Ireland's Top 25 Hotels:
- Harvey's Point in Donegal Town
- Ashford Castle in Cong
- The Merrion Hotel in Dublin
- The Killarney Park Hotel in Killarney
- Hayfield Manor Hotel in Cork
- Castle Durrow in Durrow
- The Brehon in Killarney
- The Dunloe in Beaufort
- The River Lee in Cork
- Villa Rose Hotel in Ballybofey
- Late Hotel in Killarney
- Dromoland Castle Hotel in Newmarket-on-Fergus
- The Marker Hotel in Dublin
- International Hotel Killarney in Killarney
- Shandon Hotel and Spa in Portnablagh
- Ariel House in Dublin
- Rathmullan House in Rathmullan
- Adare Manor in Adare
- The Europe Hotel & Resort in Fossa
- Castle Leslie Estate in Glaslough
- The Harbour Inn in Buncrana
- Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa in Tralee
- Killarney Royal at Killarney
- Clontarf Castle Hotel in Dublin
- The Lodge at Ashford Castle
Donegal may have landed the top spot of the Travellers' Choice Awards but it is interesting to note that Killarney has not one but seven hotels listed; The Killarney Park Hotel, The Brehon, Late Hotel, International Hotel Killarney, the Europe Hotel & Resort, The Dunloe and Killarney Royalin. An impressive feat for any town.