Trip Advisor's Travellers' Choice Awards aim to provide "the very best of travel chosen by millions of travellers".
The travel site lists the top hotels, destinations, beaches, landmarks, attractions, museums, airlines and holiday rentals in the world as well as in individual countries.
Ireland is a country rich in culture and history so it comes as no surprise that we should have so many fantastic museums ranging from sport and military to whiskey and heritage.
Ireland's top 10 museums:
- Little Museum of Dublin
- Glasnevin Cemetery Museum, Dublin
- Irish Whiskey Museum, Dublin
- National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology, Dublin
- EPIC, The Irish Emigration Museum, Dublin
- GPO Witness History, Dublin
- Croke Park Stadium Tour & GAA Museum, Dublin
- Michael Davitt Museum, Foxford, Co. Mayo
- Irish Military War Museum, Co. Meath
- Derryglad Folk & Heritage Museum, Athlone
Taking the top spot is The Little Museum of Dublin on Stephen's Green. Often referred to as a hidden gem in the city centre, the Georgian town house aims to tell the story of Ireland's capital through donations from the public.
The small venue is home to over 5,000 historical artefacts and their goal is "not to sell an ideology but simply to remember the past".
Dublin reigned supreme by taking the top seven spots on the list but Mayo, Meath and Athlone made a name for themselves with the Michael Davitt Museum, the Irish Military War Museum and Derryglad Folk and Heritage Museum.