Driven by demand from parents, and research showing the negative research of overuse of tech on children, Irish startup UnPlug is launching UnPlug4Kids Festival vs 1.0, a fun activity based festival focusing encouraging kids to have time without tech. The good people at Unplug.ie have worked with their team of scientists, tech experts and play experts to come up with an event that brings families together without looking at a screen!
According to Chris Flack, Co-Founder of UnPlug:
“UnPlug aren’t anti-tech, we love tech. Our focus is to raise awareness of the overuse of tech and encourage a tech/life balance encouraging using tech for good”.
WHAT: Unplug4Kids will focus on families with teens and kids with activities such as yoga, storytelling, magic, balloon modelling, face painting, dance classes, massage and beauty treatments.
WHEN: Sunday, August 28, 2016 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
WHERE: SPORTSCO - South Lotts Road Ringsend, D04 F8C1
There will be a number of activity zones including:
- Nature - Chopping and Sawing wood, bugs in a barrel and creating with mud by Nature Kindergarten.
- Creativity - Recreate workshops building with recycled products by ReCreate
- Dance - Fun dance workshops with Jane Shortall
- Fun Science - Fun tips for parent & kids on using tech in a more healthy way to promote focus, calm and encourage face to face relationships
- Family Disco - DJs from KidsDisco (the team who DJ at Soul Kids at The Electric Picnic)
- Downtime Zone - Food and Coffee from SPORTSCO Cafe and free massage for parents
- Healthy Food - Free healthy food bags for children 3-14 years.
Prices include all activities excluding food & drink:
- Children 3 and younger are free
- Early Bird tickets €10 per person (first 100 tickets)
- Family Early Bird ticket €30 (4 people ) (first 20 tickets) SOLD OUT
- Early Bird Extra kids (additional to family ticket) €5 each
- Full price ticket €15 per person
- Full price family ticket €50 (two adults, two children)
- Full price extra kids (additional to family ticket) €10 each
Charity partner is ISPCC Childline. All proceeds from facepainting and our UnPlug police will go to the Childline campaign. This event is wheelchair friendly!
Get your UnPlug4Kids tickets now! Join the Facebook event here and follow #TechLifeBalance on Twitter. Photos by Peter Varga at Nature Kindergarten by Park Academy Childcare.