The Annual GAA National Inclusion Fitness Day is nearly here.
In 2020 120 clubs from across Ireland, UK, Europe, Canada, USA and the Middle East signed up to the initiative. Over 450 GAA clubs have also signed up the CARA disability sport charter.
Have a look at the video from last year's event and hear from GAA Diversity and Inclusion Officer Geraldine McTavish above.
On the week starting the 23 September 2021, the GAA invites all clubs to open their doors to the wider community and support GAA National Inclusive Fitness Day.
The 2021 NIFD theme is GAA Healthy Families - #GAAClann.
It's all part of European Week of Sport (23-30 September) and the aim is to promote sport, physical and healthy lifestyle activity to everyone regardless of age, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, nationality, or fitness level.
Inclusion means people having a sense of belonging, of being comfortable in being part of something they value. Diversity means being aware of, accommodating, and celebrating differences.
How to register your club
1. Your club must register online by 23, September HERE.
2. Sign up to CARA Sport Inclusion Disability Charter HERE.
3. Share the GAA inclusive club policies and resources found on this webpage in your club.
4. Hold an Inclusive Healthy Family activity at your GAA Club during the week of 23 September.
5. Share a video or pictures of your activity on social using #GAABelong, #BeActive, #GAAClann
6: Receive an Inclusive GAA Club certificate to proudly display in your club.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information from your Local sports Inclusion disability officer.