Cruinniú na nÓg is the world's only national day of free creativity for children and young people under 18 and in 2022 we are going back into the wild of the real world after two years online.
Check out this great report from news2day where we meet some of the young ambassadors and chat to Minister Catherine Martin.
Let's talk numbers...on the day there will be...
- More than 450 free creative events for young people throughout the country
- Eight live music stages with performances livestreamed on dedicated TV channel
- There will be 12 pop up dance performances.
- Youth Theatre Ireland will host introductory theatre workshops nationwide
- 5,000 juggling balls distributed nationwide, with four circus workshops in Tipperary, Cork, Dublin and Galway
- And Four historic houses to host free Cruinniú na nÓg activities
Cruinniú na nÓg 2022 is a collaboration between the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media, the Creative Ireland Programme, local authorities and RTÉ and is the only event of its kind in the world.